Dear Friends of United Way, will you help our community by volunteering for the 2017 Fergus Falls Business Campaign? 50 community volunteers are needed to help with our community fundraiser to IMPROVE LIVES in Otter Tail County. In 2016, for the fifth year in a row, United Way volunteers not only met the County Wide Campaign Goal of $335,000 but exceeded it by 24% and rasied $416,017. Last year the Fergus Falls community goal was $260,000 and our great volunteers knocked that goal out of the park by securing $320,976. These donations were gifts from many local businesses, Fergus Falls School District employees, local residents, foundations and non-profit employees.
Please check your schedule and respond to th...is post to let us know if you would like to be a volunteer for the 2017 Fergus Falls Campaign. LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED
On Friday the 13th, at 11:00 am, volunteers will meet to help launch the campaign in Fergus Falls at Bethlehem Lutheran Church. We will be meeting in the fellowship hall.
What do United Way Campaign volunteers do?
• 20 minutes of training – lunch will be provided from the Legion.
• Network with Fergus Falls business and community members
• Contact 5-10 businesses and ask for support of programs which help your friends and neighbors.
• Follow up and collect gifts to support over 40 local programs and initiatives.
Where does your volunteer effort make a difference?
United Way Internal Programs & Initiatives
• Stuff the Bus
• Imagination Library
• Otter Tail County Early Childhood Initiative
• The Children’s Feeding Back Pack Program
• Mobile Food Drops for persons in need
• Prescription for Reading
• Otter Tail County Volunteers in Times of Disaster
• Stamp out Hunger
• Early Childhood Dental Network
• Coats For Kids
• Day of Caring
• Buddy Book Bin
Externally Funded Programs
• A Place to Belong
• Alzheimer’s Association
• American Red Cross - Emergency Services Program
• Battle Lake Community Recreation
• Battle Lake School Readiness
• Boy Scouts of America - Northern Lights Council
• Boys and Girls Club of the Perham Area
• Catholic Charities Foster Grandparents Program
• Child Care Visitor Program - Fergus Falls
• Children's Services Association
• Fergus Falls Adult Basic Education
• Fergus Falls Area Family YMCA Summer Learning Loss Program
• Fergus Falls Meals by Wheels
• Frazee Neighbor to Neighbor
• Girl Scouts - Dakota Horizons
• Kinship of the Perham, Fergus Falls & Parkers Prairie Areas
• Lakeland Hospice, Inc. Camp Emily
• LSS of MN Caregiver Support and Respite Program
• MAHUBE-OTWA Family Development Housing
• MAHUBE-OTWA Fathers' Resource Program
• New York Mills Senior Center
• North Country Food Bank
• Pelican Rapids OAKS
• Pelican Rapids Senior Center - Meals on Wheels - Senior Citizens Nutrition
• Perham Area Special Olympics
• Salvation Army - After School Program
• Salvation Army – Lunch in the Son
• Salvation Army - Social Services
• Someplace Safe - Otter Tail Sexual Assault
• Someplace Safe - Parenting Time Center
• Someplace Safe -Otter Tail Domestic Violence
• Someplace Safe Regional Trafficked and Sexually Exploited Youth Program
• Village Family Service Center Counseling Services