College and Career Expo - Kennedy Secondary School
Students will visit with college reps and businesses to learn more about careers. The event highlights the skills and education students need to attain high paying, in-demand jobs in West Central Minnesota. High school students from Fergus Falls and surrounding high schools in Otter Tail County will visit business and college displays set up trade show style. Click Here for Registration Form
2016 EVENT GUIDELINES –
• There is no charge to participate.
• We encourage hands-on or interactive experiences for the students. Remember, this is NOT a job fair, so you are concentrating on showing career and job possibilities in your firm for the future, or perhaps discussing future internships, summer jobs or job shadowing opportunities.
• Please consider having hand-outs about the types of jobs you have as an employer, wage ranges, size of your workforce, top types of jobs, why it’s a field to be considered for employment, recommended schooling, etc.
• Please do not sell any products or services. It’s ok to recruit for educators!
• Please avoid candy/gum/sticky treats as giveaways.
• If you bring an item that could scratch the surface of the gymnasium floor, please bring something to protect the floor. Your care and respect of the floor and the facilities is very much appreciated!
• Please provide your own tablecloth. We have plenty of chairs. You should bring a labeled extension cord/power strip if you are using electricity.
• If school is canceled due to unforseen circumstances, the event will be canceled and not rescheduled. Lakes Radio will have that information (www.lakesradio.net).
• REMEMBER, this is an EDUCATIONAL event! ENGAGE students! TALK about YOUR career path! Tell WHY they might consider working for you one day. WHAT do they need to do to get ready to apply for jobs? WHY do others work for you? Be CREATIVE! Have a QUESTION ready as they meander by and ask them!
• To reach booth contact RICK SCHARA at the event, call or text 218-205-1043, or 218-205-4178.