Northern Contours is seeking an experienced Controller to work alongside the Accounting team in Fergus Falls. This Senior Management role will manage department providing information regarding all Company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the Company's future. This role will directly supervise the accounting staff, and report to the CFO. Additional position responsibilities include:
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate preparation of monthly and annual financial information in accordance with GAAP and within the month end/year end close cycles.
- Prepare timely financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, dashboard metric reports, annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of accounts payable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, employee expense reports, cash control, and payroll processing, in accordance with Company policy.
- Oversee the activities of accounts receivable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of invoices, credit memos, and cash receipts application.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly bank compliance testing and reports.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company's value.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Provides other analysis as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA/CMA/MBA certification a plus.
- Must have hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll experience
- Spreadsheet proficiency
- Strong managerial abilities.