- Orient persons served to the work site (introductions, time card procedures, restroom location, break areas, supplies, policies and procedures, etc.).
- Cross-trained into all community sites (refer to the job analysis at each site) if necessary.
- Modify or adaptations are made to work stations and/or job duties to accommodate individual characteristics of the person served.
- Conduct individual or group training to persons served on specific and required job skills, appropriate habits and behaviors needed for success on the job such as; job safety at the work site, to self advocate/solve problems on the job, psycho-social skills and work skills as requested.
- Monitor and ensure employer satisfaction and quality control through on-going communication.
- Arrange or assist those served to acquire transportation to and from work sites.
- Monitor persons served exposure to vulnerable adult infractions and report suspected infractions immediately.
- Assist supervisor(s) in base lining, monitoring, measuring and recording progress toward vocational objectives. Review and give input on goals, objectives and methods as needed.
- Provide direction to persons served to assist them in meeting the vocational objectives and supply feedback on the progress. Need to involve on-site personnel in training and supervision to prepare for fade-out of supervision, when feasible.
- Act as primary liaison for persons served with on-site employers and other interdisciplinary team members.
- Attend staffing for persons served on caseload and report pertinent findings, observations and progress toward goals as requested.
- Monitor and ensure employer satisfaction and quality control through on going communication.
- Conduct job analysis of those served jobs duties and responsibilities.
- Some coaches assist in or complete wage determinations, which are used to determine production rates and performance expectations.
- Advocate for persons served, by assuring respect for their rights including confidentiality of non-essential and irrelevant background information, freedom from discrimination, abuse, and neglect.
- Foster the development of an environment, which maximizes contact and integration with non-disabled persons who are not, paid caregivers, by the least intrusive and most natural means as possible.
- Supervise persons served in the facility and at community-based work sites as needed.
- Most coaches will be responsible to transport those they serve.
- Consult with your supervisors about any desire for personal growth and development through further education and/or training.
- Participate in staff training.
- Professionally represent the agency's mission, values, and vision.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent and advanced training in human services desired.Experience
- Working with persons with disabilities is preferred.Skills
- Good written and oral skills.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Ability to work as a team or an individual.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Posses a valid drivers license.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.50 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative