Engineering/Manufacturing Intern (FT or PT)
Vector Windows is looking for an Industrial/Mechanical Engineer Intern for the Fergus Falls, MN production facility.
- Assist current engineers in all aspects of manufacturing and design processes.
- Provide general production support for fabrication and assembly areas.
- Assist Maintenance Personnel with diagnosing equipment to maximize uptime efficiency.
- Troubleshoot quality issues by performing root cause analysis using lean tools.
- Weigh in on situations that need technical assistance.
- Participate in hands-on problem solving and resolution.
- Report and facilitate correction of out-of-specification conditions.
- Assist with continuously improving the quality of the products by developing and implementing standards.
- Review and analyze current state process flow and shop floor layout to make suggestions for improvement through elimination of waste.
- Assist in the selection and implementation of tooling and fixtures.
- Participate in capital equipment justification as needed.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of preventive and corrective actions for reducing scrap, rework, and down time.
- Adeptness to make data driven decisions.
- Research and suggest ideas for new technology.
- Pursuing an Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering (or related) degree from an accredited program.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to act as a liaison between engineering, production, marketing, purchasing, and members of the manufacturing team.
- Hands on learner with mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from blueprints, schematics, and drawings.
- CAD experience helpful.
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- MS Project and Visio experience a plus.
- Education or experience using Lean Tools (Cause – Effect, Pareto, Histogram, Check Sheet, Flow Chart) a plus.