The CompanyFounded in 1995, Vector (formerly known as Vinylite Windows) manufactures and distributes vinyl windows and patio doors for the new construction and remodeling sectors in both residential and commercial markets. In 2004 Vector was acquired by Granite Equity Partners (Granite Equity), a Minnesota-based private investment firm.
As a privately-held company with a strong balance sheet, Vector has the focus and support it needs to achieve the Company’s Mission to improve the places we live and work by delivering high value products and solutions through partnerships with our customers and employees and its Vision to become the Upper Midwest’s leading regional window and door manufacturer in terms of sales, service, and delivery. In order to fulfill this vision, Vector continually strives to achieve excellence in the following areas:
For more information, please visit http://www.vectorwindows.com/ and http://www.graniteequity.com/.
The PositionReporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be charged with planning, directing and controlling the Company’s Operations activities to ensure a high performing Operations organization which delivers low cost, high quality, consistent products. Operational excellence through the use of contemporary lean manufacturing and global supply chain management concepts is a critical focus area of the position.
The VP of Operations is a key position for the Vector team responsible for leading a world class manufacturing approach that optimizes employee safety, customer satisfaction, quality, efficiency, employee relations and performance measures. This individual will work collaboratively with other functions to align operational capabilities with short and long term customer needs. As a member of the senior management team, the VP of Operations is responsible for integrating all functions from order entry to shipment with a continuous focus on improvement and quality. This position requires a strong, interactive leader who is fully competent in manufacturing systems based on purchasing materials to forecast and producing components and final assemblies to specific customer requirements.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Operations strategy and planning, including participation in the development of annual business objectives/strategies. Provide specific leadership and expertise for manufacturing and supply chain related objectives.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees, across all functions of the organization as well as customers and suppliers.
- Enhance and maintain organizational focus on lean manufacturing efforts to ensure implementation of world class technologies and practices. Responsible for lean manufacturing policy in the business to meet the Company’s performance goals and ensure the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost.
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance to ensure world class supply chain operations which support forecasted/targeted sales growth, reduce operating costs and ensure customer service needs are met or exceeded.
- Assist and drive new product development from design to manufacturability.
- Develop and implement capital spending plan to achieve targeted growth, process improvements, lean initiatives and cost savings in addition to addressing current maintenance and growth.
- Assure that the operations departments are staffed with highly motivated and skilled professionals who contribute to the Company’s overall mission.
- Contribute to corporate strategy and culture as a key member of the management team.
Candidate ProfileThe VP of Operations must be a proven highly effective leader with well-honed business skills. This key position requires a minimum of 10 years of operations and manufacturing leadership experience in a discrete manufacturing environment.
Qualified candidates will possess a strong operations / manufacturing background with a broad understanding of customer relations, product specifications, and market conditions that affect the competitive nature when dealing with engineered products with short cycle times.
An undergraduate degree, ideally in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, is required; advanced degree desired.
ApplicationTo be confidentially considered for this opportunity, interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Angie Krtnick Complin
Granite Equity Partners