Otter Cove Children's Museum Executive Director
Job Type: Full Time, flexible scheduling
Job Classification: Exempt
Otter Cove Children's Museum in Fergus Falls, MN is looking for an Executive Director to be our champion in the community, responsible for ensuring sound strategic positioning and execution of OCCM’s mission to:
- support the optimal development of our region’s children,
- create an environment for abundant play opportunities that launch children’s imaginations,
- stimulate skill development, and
- instill a sense of place and purpose that lasts a lifetime.
The responsibilities of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with diverse supporters and partners, including individuals, corporations, foundations, other nonprofit organizations, government agencies and local and regional educational institutions.
- Responsible for fundraising and to seek philanthropic support ensuring that donors experience a high-quality relationship with the organization.
- Achieve annual fundraising performance goals based on organizational need determined by the Board of Directors.
- Drive sustainable growth and revenue while remaining fiscally responsible, with a strong focus on donor relations.
- Market and elevate the museum’s mission, presence and brand locally and regionally.
- Ensure that OCCM has a long-range strategy that works toward achieving its mission and guides the organization in making consistent and timely progress.
- Oversee museum operations while leading, empowering, motivating and mentoring team members by providing consistent direction, communication, organizational alignment and visioning.
- Quickly identify, articulate and solve problems, bottlenecks, disconnects, roadblocks and barriers.
- Present issues and recommendations for the Board of Directors’ review, discussion, input and action and work to implement the plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Director or similar leadership role
- Demonstrated experience with grant writing and fundraising
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector management and/or early childhood development principles
- Personal alignment with and passion for the organization’s mission and values
- Willingness and ability to effectively engage within the community and attend events as necessary
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and creative approach to leadership
- 4-year degree or commensurate experience
- Must work some evenings, weekends, and school holidays
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and feel confident standing and being mobile during the day
Please submit cover letter and resume to Kelsey Evavold with the Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Otter Cove:
Otter Cove Children’s Museum is a newly launched regional destination for children ages 0-10 to learn through play. Otter Cove is the only children’s museum with an indoor play structure in a 180 mile radius. The entire museum is professionally designed and built to be a world class experience where children learn crucial life-long skills such as communication, critical thinking, collaboration and creativity all while playing in intentional and hands-on exhibits. Our community has rallied together to make this learning lab a reality and we want everyone who enters through our door to have a phenomenal and inspiring play experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Otter Cove Children's Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Otter Cove does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.