- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience working with the public
- Heating/plumbing/refrigeration knowledge
- Communication and computer knowledge (window- based systems)
- Good physical condition with ability to carry up a ladder up to 80 lbs., and ability to work in confined spaces
- Mechanical skills/aptitude and knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical repair, electrical circuits, and ability to read electrical diagrams
- 1st class C boiler license or higher or ability to receive a license within four years
- Valid drivers license
- Refrigeration licence preferred
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions while wearing safety gear.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
To maintain the school physical plant in a condition of operating excellence so that full educational use of it may be made at all times.
- Must have a general knowledge of all trades, the ability to report problems to the district wide mechanical supervisor.
- Knowledge of the mechanical department (all related systems) to fill-in for the supervisor as needed and ability to call outside contractors in an emergency.
- Attend training to keep updated in mechanical control systems.
- Ability to regulate heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and provide temperatures appropriate to the season, as directed by the district wide mechanical supervisor.
- Repair air handling units by changing belts, cleaning heating coils, changing filters, changing bearings, grease bearings, remove and replace worn out motors, remove and install new radiators as needed.
- Repair, maintenance and operation of all pneumatic controls used for temperature controls, controllers for fans, hot water converters, air operated valves, as directed by the district wide mechanical supervisor.
- Repair various electrical apparatus so that electrical operated equipment operates satisfactory.
- Operate, maintain and perform minor repairs on chiller system, including ammonia and R410A systems.
- Responsible for snow removal, as requested.
- Participate in in-service training programs and keep up-to date with "Employee Right to Know" program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply online: www.isd544.org/jobs
The Fergus Falls Public School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.