To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents:
• A cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the Fergus Falls Public Schools' business manager;
• A set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, two letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s unofficial transcript(s).
- Bachelor's or master's degree with a major in accounting or business administration
- Experience in the accounting field in either the business or school environment.
- Preferred to have at least one year of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
To administer the business affairs of the district in such a way to provide the best possible educational services with the financial resources available.
The tasks listed below are not intended to limit other tasks that might reasonably be assigned as necessary.
1. Coordinator for the general accounting function of the school district and the preparation of reports and statistics which reflect the financial condition of the district.
2. Audit claims and submit a list of approved claims to the school board for payment.
3. Review receipts for coding before entering on the computer.
4. Maintain inventory of equipment owned by the district.
5. Serve as a consultant on grant proposals originating in the district.
6. Supervise the payroll department.
7. Supervise the rental of buildings and collection of fees.
8. Administer through the food service director, the school lunch program, including preparing all required reports for food service.
9. Supervise the preparation of monthly/annual state reports on transportation, and other reports required by the Department of Education
10. Under the direction of the superintendent and finance committee of the school board, prepare the revenue and expenditure budget for presentation to the superintendent.
11. Responsible for investments of all surplus funds of the district.
12. Provide for adequate insurance coverage for buildings, equipment and personnel of the district.
13. Monitor the purchasing of all supplies and equipment used by the district.
14. Prepare bid/quotations as required by law.
16. Responsible for the management of the transportation contract.
17. Responsible for the repair/replacement/construction of school district facilities and the associated financing.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Questions can be directed to Elaine Jahnke, HR Director at 218-998-0544, ext. 9010 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website at www.isd544.org for more information regarding our School District.
The Fergus Falls Public School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.