Warehouse Supervisor – 1st Shift (NEW POSITION!)
- Direct the receiving department in all activities tied to raw material receipts, maintaining and providing signals for stock replenishment, providing leadership in training of new employees, including safe fork truck operation, and proper raw material handling. Provides direction to the receiving team so that point of use material is located in its proper location at all times. Communicates with the operations team in advance of any stock out situations.
- Create a robust inventory system that the receiving team can follow regularly and consistently to support daily operations goals.
- Directing, coordinate and assign tasks to receiving team personnel tied to material intake, transportation, storage of materials, and inventory adjustments
- Perform annual performance appraisals for receiving team
- Reassign team members, as needed, to match skills with needed work
- Establish and enforce policies and procedures tied to receiving department
- Identify and implement changes that improve safety, efficiency, stock out situations and inventory accuracy
- Provide training and onboarding activities for new team members
- Provide documented feedback in 30 and 90 days for all new employees
- Provide regular refresher training for longer termed employees
- Create and maintain accurate warehouse documents
- Lead housekeeping efforts in and around the receiving area (5S)
- Provide budgetary information
- Ensure receiving team remains at or below budgeted threshold
- Maintain and adjust staffing levels as needed to support fluctuations in customer demand
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Take leadership role in identifying and correcting safety concerns
-Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
-Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
-Ability to stand on your feet for 8 – 10 hours at a time
- High school graduate or holder of an equivalency certificate preferred.
- Sufficient computer and keyboarding skills.
- Must possess good organization & communication skills.
- The ability to work independently is highly advantageous.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Any previous related job experience within accounting, inventory management, or procurement is recommended, but not required.