Chamber Communications Coordinator
Passionate about small business success? If you’re a “whiz writer” with a flair for marketing – we want to meet you! The Fergus Falls Chamber is adding a Communications Coordinator to our team. We are a thriving, dynamic non-profit organization dedicated to the success of our members. We have served as the lead advocate and resource for our members and created partnerships that foster a healthy business climate since 1886.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for communications to Chamber members, volunteers, stakeholders and the general public. The role is best suited for a creative, highly organized individual with a positive, can-do attitude and strong people skills. Demonstrated experience in effective writing, editing and social media marketing is necessary. The Communications Coordinator position is a full-time, hourly position (wage based on experience). If you’re looking for challenging work in a fast-paced, fun, customer-focused environment, send a letter of application and resume by Monday, April 19, 2021.
- Develop and execute communications to members, volunteers, stakeholders and the general public.
- Cultivate and maintain an extensive knowledge of our programs, services, and initiatives to brand messaging.
- Market Chamber programs and events to the media, public, existing members, and prospective members.
- Promote the Chamber’s activities through social media platforms.
- Assist in planning and executing events to attain a high level of member and community awareness.
- Use photography, video, and social media for outreach.
- Share customer service responsibilities.
- Associates degree in a communications-oriented field, marketing, business, and/or a combination of education and 2-3 years’ experience.
- Proficient knowledge and use of the English language, grammar, and spelling. Exceptional professional writing, editing, and proofing skills with the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of the Chamber brand.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detail-oriented with a strong creative eye.
- Represent the Chamber in a professional manner.
- Positive Attitude. Dependable. Team Player.
- Graphic design software knowledge and application.
- Experience developing and executing social media strategy.
- Technical knowledge of internet platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Smart CMS, Zoom, and YouTube.
- Photography and video editing software knowledge and application