- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors, and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
- Adhere to the guiding principles of The Salvation Army's social services ministries as outlined in Faith In Action with an emphasis on intentional outreach in the area of pastoral care to those we serve.
- Work closely with at least 10 families over the course of one year and work towards maintaining a caseload of 10 families at any given time.
- Complete all required client documentation on SIMS in a timely fashion.
- Maintain case files for each client that includes all assessments, action plans, case notes, graduation plans.
- Ensure the quality of local data and reporting of information that will support national and territorial POH program outcomes.
- Conduct client interviews and case management. Determine eligibility for programs, assist in application, provide options, and make referrals.
- Keep accurate case notes of phone calls, interviews, etc.
- Provide basic information and answer questions regarding Social Services programs.
- Maintain required statistics (i.e. POH stats, The Salvation Army stats, client files, etc.) as required by Territorial and Divisional Headquarters.
- Participate in office and other meetings as appropriate; participate in community meetings and networking.
- Work on personal, office, and department goals.
- Participate in monthly POH support calls and staff meetings as required.
- Facilitate educational/support groups and complete statistics.
- Data entry, computer updating as requested.
- Assist with other department functions.
- Attend educational opportunities when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field.
- Experience working in a social service setting preferred.
- Understanding of the delivery of Social Services.
- Ability to work well with clients of diverse cultural and socioeconomic groups, respect confidentiality, able to work within ethical and legal parameters of social services.
- Ability to accept supervision and work with a team of co-workers.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and complete tasks with a minimum of direction.
- Ability to use Salvation Army approved word processing, spreadsheet, data base management, and graphics/desktop publishing software packages.
- Willingness to support the philosophy, goals, and objectives of The Salvation Army.
- Must pass The Salvation Army background checks.
- It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.