West Central Initiative
Human Service OrganizationsNon ProfitEconomic DevelopmentMeeting Facilities
West Central Initiative is a regional community foundation serving the nine counties of Becker, Clay, Douglas, Grant, Otter Tail, Pope, Stevens, Traverse and Wilkin, and the White Earth Nation within Becker County.
- Read about the year 2020, the accomplishments and challenges at West Central Initiative
- WCI helps the region recover from the pandemic, ensuring a just, sustainable regional recovery & economy for all.
- Take a video look at how WCI's work touches so many facets of one community: Battle Lake!
- Our Initiators Fellowship equips early stage social entrepreneurs with the support they need to transform their ideas!
- Here's a site that communities, businesses and individuals can use to showcase why we love where we live!
Accounting SpecialistCategory: AccountingThe Accounting Specialist assists West Central Initiative’s Accounting Manager in all areas of component fund work and general accounting work. This position is responsible for computing, classifying, and recording financial transactions to ensure financial records are accurate. The Accounting Specialist performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties. This position also may ...read moreContact: Rick ScharaPhone:(218) 739-2239Fax:(218) 739-5381
Communications SpecialistCategory: MarketingThe Communications Specialist develops and executes communication strategies to support West Central Initiative’s strategic plan, programs, and other priorities. This position drafts content to inform, inspire, and connect audiences with West Central Initiative (WCI), this region, and each other. The Communications Specialist leverages the organization’s communication channels, including ...read moreContact: Rick ScharaPhone:(218) 739-2239Fax:(218) 739-5381
Executive Assistant to the PresidentCategory: Administrative, Support & ClericalThe Executive Assistant to the President provides support to the President through administrative, human resources, and building and grounds assistance. This position manages information related to employees, donors, and community partners with complete confidentiality and discretion. The Executive Assistant to the President must be curious about and stay highly informed of community, regional, ...read moreContact:Phone:(218) 739-2239Fax:(218) 739-5381