Chamber Announces Spring Training
Chamber Board Focuses on Strengthening Small Businesses – Spring Training Announced
One of the Fergus Falls Chamber Board’s priorities this year is to build up the resources the Chamber provides for its members. This spring, we will offer members high-quality training on topics that address challenges in the workplace and help our members be successful. Registration is open on the Chamber’s website: www.FergusFalls.com or call 218-736-6951 or email Jennifer Fronning at email@example.com. Class fee is $20/person and includes lunch. Space is limited.
Human Help: Advice for the Employee Life Cycle.
Thursday, April 25, 2019 – 11:00am – 1:00pm
We are going to be covering the beginning, middle, and end of the employee life cycle for small businesses. What do you need to consider prior to hiring an employee? What about after they are hired, what do I do now? How do I help to ensure success in their new career? What if an employee doesn't work out or decides to leave? Specific topics will include:
- Pre-hiring work including job description/job posting, interviewing, and selecting a candidate.
- Employee Onboarding and Training.
- Evaluations/Feedback and Communication.
- Terminations - voluntary/involuntary - and Starting Over/Lessons Learned.
- Presented by Natalie Remund, Multi-Business Solutions
Online Marketing: Boost Your Presence
Thursday, May 16, 2019 – 11:00am – 1:00pm
Learn Easy Online Marketing with ChamberMaster to help grow your business or non-profit.
- Hands-on workshop: bring your laptop, smart phone or tablet.
- Ramp up your Online Visibility at www.FergusFalls.com
- Promote Job Openings, Hot Deals, Special Events
- Get Found with Key Words & Descriptions
- Simple, Cost-Effective Marketing Tips & Tricks
- Presented by Suzanne Johnson, ChamberMaster Internet Marketing Consultant
At Your Service: Customer Service Workshop
Friday, June 14, 2019 – 10:00am – 1:00pm
Get ready for summer visitors and ramp up your customer service skills. This customer service training course was developed by the University of Minnesota Tourism Center for anyone who comes into contact with visitors and customers. Customers may be vendors, peers or consumers. Everyone interested in improving their customer service skills is invited to participate. The goal of this program is to help participants learn to work more effectively with their customers. This workshop sets a solid foundation for participants to build on and gives practical ideas that can be put to work right away. Goals include:
- You will understand the foundations of customer service.
- You will gain enthusiasm, confidence, and commitment to provide superior service to all customers.
- You will practice customer service skills, build knowledge and write a personal action plan to apply these to your job
- You will increase your awareness of culture and how it affects customer service, both for the service provider and for your customers.
- Jean Bowman, Visit Fergus Falls, is a certified customer service trainer and will lead this training session.