Trade Shows - Top Ten Tips for Success
Top 10 Tips for a Successful Showcase Fergus Falls Trade Show Experience
- Create a simple activity at your booth: “register to win” drawing or a simple game “guess the # of paperclips in a jar” for a prize. Willingly hand out logo’d pens or other ad specialties. Everyone likes SWAG (stuff we all get). These give people a reason to stop by.
- Don’t check your phone in the booth. Treat attendees as #1 priority.
Come early, leave late = Less distractions, better conversations.
- Keep your display clean and current. Have plenty of information available, but don’t have it all piled out there at one time.
- SMILE! Greet visitors and make eye contact.
- Make a good first impression, treat it like a “first date.”
- Be approachable. Stand in front of your booth instead of sitting behind the table. Use the chairs as shelves.
- Ask questions & LISTEN. Ask for their business card and take notes on it.
- Make friends with your neighbors; they’re customers too.
- Keep your booth organized and uncluttered, no empty cups.
- Follow up with those you meet. Send a Thank You. Be memorable!