The Demand Planner is an exciting opportunity to develop the demand planning function within Vector Windows and Doors. To succeed in this role, you should be professional, highly-analytical, and possess excellent communication skills. The successful candidate should also have knowledge of statistical methods, forecasting methodologies and production scheduling. The candidate needs to be comfortable with ambiguity and be able to problem solve and develop processes that aid in creating meaningful and always improving demand plans.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation (SKU/line level and above) for multiple time horizons as part of the demand planning function.
- Review historical sales/usage trends, research demand drivers including upcoming projects and seasonality to prepare forecast data and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities with the sales team to refine the forecast model to reflect updated sale and usage assumptions.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with the sales team and production manager to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Create, maintain, and report on the forecasts & demand plans.
- Collaborate with Purchasing on understanding supply lead times to ensure forecasts on these components have the necessary forecasts applied.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Manager on changes to Bills of Materials or new items to understand impacts to demand.
- Collaborate with Project Planners on discrepancies in forecasts versus actual usage to apply to forecasts going forward.
- Supervise and train production scheduler(s).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years production scheduling experience.
- 2-5 years labor and material coordination.
- 2-5 years forecasting experience
- Proven raw material optimization in a scheduling process.
- Able to adjust in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to analyze data and adjust to output levels.
- Good communication skills.
- Fit and Support Vector core Values.
- Production Schedule optimization.
- Raw material optimization and waste reduction.
- Order fill, Lead time and On Time Delivery.
- Accurate planning to forecast while managing to demand.
- Planning to production capacities.
- Analyzing actual demand, trends, and discrepancies from forecast.
- Working within and demonstrating Vector’s core values at all times.
- Other tasks or responsibilities that may directed by the VP of Operations & Supply Chain.
- Indoors the majority of work shift, average temperature 70
- Moving objects to avoid-moderate.
- Noise level-moderate
- Slippery surface-slight
- Air pollution-moderate
- Improve the Quality of People’s Lives
- Do the Right Thing
- Respect and Support Each Other
- Aspire to Excellence
- Honor Our Commitments
Welcome New Members: