Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
Primary Objective of Position:
If you’re a reliable and consistent self-starter who enjoys working with and developing a group of people, then join our team at Vector! We are seeking a passionate and dynamic Production Supervisor who will coordinate all manufacturing activities in assigned departments to produce high-quality parts and assemblies for Vector Window and Door products, while satisfying our customers at the lowest possible cost. You will identify, develop and implement programs, policies and procedures which support total customer satisfaction, both internally and externally, where applicable in relation to this position. Our current opening is for a 1st shift Production Supervisor who will build and develop their team to consistently meet goals and be mutually successful. If you are a professional and enterprising leader and wish to launch your career in manufacturing, then Vector may be the right company for you!
Major Areas of Responsibility:
As a Production Supervisor, you will focus on the safety and productivity of your team and the quality of the products you manufacture. You will also create an environment where your team can learn and thrive and ultimately come together and consistently work well as a unit.
- Enforcing safety policies and giving safety presentations
- Coaching and performing quality product and process audits
- Observing and analyzing the trends and/or tendencies in your metrics in order to optimize your teams productivity and performance
- Implementing and maintaining lean manufacturing principles
- Managing to a takt time and identifying and eliminating process abnormalities
- Performing annual team member evaluations
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- Ability to stand on your feet for 8 – 10 hours at a time
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoors the majority of work shift, average temperature 70
- Moving objects to avoid-moderate
- Noise level-moderate
- Slippery surface-slight
- Air pollution-moderate
- Improve the Quality of People’s Lives
- Respect and Support each other
- Aspire to Excellence
- Honor our Commitments
Welcome New Members: